Firstly, I’d like to wish you a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2015.
Just to bring you up to date…
2014 was for me a very busy one. In March I visited schools in the Walcha, NSW region. Walcha is a beautiful town at the south-eastern edge of the Northern Tablelands, New South Wales, Australia.
For three days we scooted from Woolbrook, Yarrowitch, Niangala and Walcha to visit schools tucked away in picturesque pockets of the Tablelands to have fun with my books.
Then in May we made our annual trip to Clermont, Queensland . I was busier than ever visiting towns in the Isaac Region, presenting Short Story Writing Workshops and visiting schools and libraries.
I also launched my 2014 book ‘Can You Keep a Secret?’ at the Clermont Show. The book was popular, especially with the parents with children who were beginning to learn to read. They loved the repetitive text and the children of course loved the monsters and looking for the hidden pictures.
During all of this I was busy preparing for the release of ‘Sylvia’s Itch’, a story about a little sugar glider who has an itch she can’t scratch. The book features Aussie animals with the underlying theme of friendship, problem solving (through the process of elimination) and never giving up.
Oh yes, it also brings up the subject of allergies in a fun way.
‘Sylvia’s Itch has been a long time in the making and at times I thought it would never come into being. But then I found Aaron Pocock. Aaron has created the most beautiful water colour illustrations and brought the characters (and story) to life. It was a wonderful experience working with him over several months to get the book as near to perfect as we possibly could.
So now the book is finished. Drum roll!
And now it’s time to launch the book!
I have been invited by to launch ‘Sylvia’s Itch’ at a free glider workshop run by the Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland, Scenic Rim Branch. I am especially delighted and honoured to be involved with such an organisation and will be donating a percentage of all sales of ‘Sylvia’s Itch’ to them.
Here’s the information…
Sylvia’s Itch Launch
Glider Workshop and Book Launch
from 10.00am to 5.00pm February 2015
at The Centre, Beaudesert,
(The Centre is situated adjacent to the Scenic Rim Regional Council Admin centre,
corner of Short Street and Brisbane Street.)
From 10.00 am
- Presentation from Dr Ross Goldingay, an expert on glider ecology and behaviour and the use of ‘glider poles’ to connect habitat fragments.
- Update from Dr Ronda Green, chair of the Scenic Rim branch, Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland on the current glider survey.
After lunch (2.00pm approx)
- Meet live gliders face-to-face as well as other nocturnal creatures (with Martin Fingland of Gecko’s Wildlife).
- Launch of ‘Sylvia’s Itch’ children’s picture book featuring sugar gliders, by Robin Adolphs and illustrated by Aaron Pocock.
- At the launch there will be a dramatic, interactive reading of ‘Sylvia’s Itch’.
- Signed copies will be available for purchase; a percentage of all books sold will go to the Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland, Scenic Rim branch.
- Children’s activities will be set up all day.
- Door prizes and surprises galore on the day.
- Meet and chat with the author and illustrator.
Tea/coffee/soft drink will be served at the venue, and lunch is available at ‘Everydays’ or Beaudesert Cafe across the road, or other venues within a five-minute walk.
(The event is free, but for planning purposes we need to know numbers)
RSVP to Ronda Green at email@example.com
RSVP to Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE: NOW FULLY BOOKED OUT!
Instead, you can grab a copy here from Amazon.